Two new opportunities are available for students and faculty who wish to tutor area students through (1) the Center for Excellence in Urban and Rural Education (CEURE) with School 45, International School and (2) the NYS Mentoring Program and PS 76, Herman Badillo Bilingual Academy. Visit our Tutoring page for details.
New Programs & Pathways
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate of Advanced Studies
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Accelerated Undergraduate to Graduate 4+1 Pathway
- Early Childhood/Exceptional Education (ECE/EXC) Accelerated Undergraduate to Graduate 4+1 Pathway
- Curriculum and Instruction Accelerated Undergraduate to Graduate 4+1 Pathway
- Dietetics and Adult Education Accelerated Undergraduate to Graduate 4+1 Pathway
Between semesters, International Professional Development Schools (IPDS) consortium faculty and staff lead teach and study away programs to globalize students' understanding and experience of education. Participants connect with host families, conduct research, participate in field experiences in local schools, and engage in cultural activities.They share their reflections and growth through online blogs. Visit the International Initiatives page to read participant blogs and profiles and learn about upcoming travel opportunities.